Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Conjunctions

Learn American English Explanation of Common Conjunctions

This link has great, (but grammar-vocabulary filled) explanations of conjunctions.  There are a few small grammar mistakes in some of the examples:  ?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKlvpPBh8Pc?



and or but - Using English Quiz

5 minute English-- Use because to connect sentences

So vs. Because -- Where is the cause vs. effect

Quiz because vs. so

Practice Using and, but, so, and because

UVCS Study Zone Conjunction Practice

Practice Quiz -- Includes too   Too is used like also or as well.  Too shows agreement with a positive statement when used at the end of a sentence.  When my husband travels, I want to go too.

In front of an adjective (description word), too is an adverb, not a conjunction.  Too intensifies the meaning of the next word so much that it's a problem.  If the light is too bright, it hurts my eyes.    If I eat too much, I have a stomach ache.  If he is too short for the team, he can't be on the team because of his height.

Conversations that show examples of conjunctions. (British accent)


A song to help you remember the main ideas....






1 comment: