Practice Irregular Verbs
Common Irregular Verbs Set 1 on Quizlet
80 Irregular Verbs on Quizlet
In Low Intermediate, we use some irregular verbs in simple past. Simple past is usually the second column of an irregular verbs list.
- Do not use "was" or "were" before another verb when you use simple past.
- Use the past form in positive sentences. Do not use it in negative sentences or questions
- Examples: I drove to school. She didn't drive to school. Did you drive to school?
- Use base form with Did or didn't Use the past form in positive sentences.
- Examples: Did you go to school? He didn't go to school. We went to school.
Sometimes we use the third column or an -ed form of a verb as an adjective in low intermediate.
She is tired. I am bored. The window is broken. The table leg is bent.
Many online exercises that practice irregular verbs mix up simple past and present perfect.
- If there's a have or a has, use the third column word. I have driven. He has driven.
- If there's no have or has, use the second column. I drove. He drove too.
Video songs for memorizing lists: (Scroll down for exercises to practice)
The British accent doesn't change the words...
No comments:
Post a Comment